Tag Archives: Slateford

Cloven Stone, Colinton, Edinburgh, Midlothian

Standing Stone (destroyed):  OS Grid Reference – NT 2139 7001 Archaeology & History Highlighted on the earliest OS-map of 1855 and the Knox Map of 1816 in non-antiquated lettering as a ‘Standing Stone’, the Edinburgh historian Stuart Harris (1996) thought it … Continue reading

Rate this:

Posted in Midlothian, Scotland, Standing Stones | Tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , | Leave a comment