Bibliography

  1. Allen, J. Romilly, “Notes on some Undescribed Stones with Cup Markings in Scotland,” inProceedings of the Society of Antiquaries Scotland, volume 16, 1882.
  2. Baird, Jill et al, A Companion to Culross, Watt Chapman: Dunfermline n.d. (c.1970)
  3. Beveridge, David, Culross and Tulliallan: Its History and Antiquities – 2 volumes, William Blackwood: Edinburgh 1885.
  4. Beveridge, David, Between the Ochils and Forth, William Blackwood: Edinburgh 1888.
  5. Buckner, J.C.R., Rambles in and Around Aberdour and Burntisland, W. Clark: Dunfermline 1898.
  6. Burl, Aubrey, “Intimations of Numeracy in the Neolithic and Bronze Age Societies of the British Isles (c.3200-1200 BC),” in Archaeological Journal, volume 133, 1976.
  7. Burl, Aubrey, Rings of Stone, BCA: London 1979.
  8. Burl, Aubrey, From Carnac to Callanish, Yale University Press 1993.
  9. Burl, Aubrey, The Stone Circles of Britain, Ireland and Brittany, Yale University Press 2000.
  10. Burl, Aubrey, A Guide to the Stone Circles of Britain, Ireland and Brittany, Yale University Press 2005.
  11. Cunningham, A.S., Romantic Culross, Torryburn, Carnock, Cairneyhill, Saline and Pitfirrane, W. Clarke: Dunfermline 1902.
  12. Cunningham, A.S., Rambles in the Parishes of Scoonie and Wemyss, Purves & Cuningham: Leven 1906.
  13. Eggeling, W.J., The Isle of May, Lorien 1985.
  14. Geddie, John, The Fringes of Fife, David Douglas: Edinburgh 1894.
  15. Jack, John, The Key of the Forth; or, Historical Sketches of the Isle of May, W.P. Nimmo: Edinburgh 1858.
  16. Lamont-Brown, Raymond, Discovering Fife, John Donald: Edinburgh 1992.
  17. Mackay, Æ. J.G., A History of Fife and Kinross, William Blackwood: Edinburgh 1896.
  18. Mair, Craig, Mercat Cross and Tolbooth, John Donald: Edinburgh 1988.
  19. Mitchell, A. Lindsay, Hidden Scotland, Lochar: Moffat 1992.
  20. Morris, Ronald W.B., “The cup-and-ring marks and similar sculptures of Scotland: a survey of the southern Counties – part 2,” in Proceedings of the Society of Antiquaries, Scotland, volume 100, 1969.
  21. Morris, Ronald W.B., “Torryburn, Torry – Cup-Marked Rock’, in Discovery & Excavation in Scotland, 1973.
  22. Morris, Ronald W.B., The Prehistoric Rock Art of Southern Scotland, BAR: Oxford 1981.
  23. Muir, Thomas S., The Isle of May – A Sketch, Edinburgh 1868.
  24. Muir, Thomas S., Ecclesiological Notes on some of the Islands of Scotland, David Douglas: Edinburgh 1883.
  25. Pinfold, L.K., The Royal Burgh of Newburgh, Fife, Pinprint: Newburgh 1982.
  26. Polson, Alexander, Scottish Witchcraft Lore, W. Alexander: Inverness 1932.
  27. Ritchie, J.N.G., “Excavation of the Stone Circle and Cairn at Balbirnie, Fife,” in Archaeological Journal, volume 131, 1974.
  28. Robertson, James K., About St. Andrews – and About, J. & G. Innes: St Andrews 1973.
  29. Royal Commission on the Ancient & Historical Monuments, Scotland, Inventory of Monuments and Constructions in the Counties of Fife, Kinross and Clackmannan, HMSO: Edinburgh 1933.
  30. Simpkins, John Ewart, Examples of Printed Folk-lore Concerning Fife, with some Notes on Clackmannan and Kinross-shires, Sidgwick & Jackson: London 1914.
  31. Simpson, J.Y., “On Ancient Sculpturings of Cups and Concentric Rings,” in Proceedings of the Society of Antiquaries, Scotland, volume 6, 1866.
  32. Simpson, James, Archaic Sculpturings of Cups, Circles, etc., Upon Stones and Rocks in Scotland, England and other Countries, Edmonston & Douglas: Edinburgh 1867.
  33. Stevenson, William, The Kirk and Parish of Auchtertool, James Burt: Kirkcaldy 1908.
  34. Taylor, James W., Historical Antiquities of Fife – 2 volumes, Johnstone Hunter: Edinburgh 1875.
  35. Taylor, Simon & Markus, Gilbert, The Place-Names of Fife – 5 volumes, Shaun Tyas: Donington 2006-2012.
  36. Thom, A., Thom, A.S. & Burl, Aubrey, Stone Rows and Standing Stones – volume 2, BAR: Oxford 1990.
  37. Webster, David, A Collection of Rare and Curious Tracts on Witchcraft and Second Sight, D. Webster: Edinburgh 1820.
  38. Wood, Walter, The East Neuk of Fife: Its History and Antiquities, David Douglas: Edinburgh 1887.
  39. Young, Andrew, History of Burntisland, Fifeshire Advertiser: Kirkcaldy 1913.
Advertisements