Cup-and-Ring Stone: OS Grid Reference – NO 1852 5497
Archaeology & History
Found amidst a cluster of other prehistoric sites in the Forest of Alyth, the Scottish Royal Commission lads reported (North-East Perth, 1990:26-7) that,
“this heavily weathered cup-and-ring marked boulder lies 150m south of the hut circles… The carvings are on the southwest face of the boulder and comprise: at least four cups surrounded by single rings; two cups surrounded by triple rings; an oval cup measuring 100mm by 70mm surrounded by four rings; and twenty-two plain cups marks, the largest 60mm in diameter.”
Royal Commission on the Ancient & Historical Monuments of Scotland, North-East Perth: An Archaeological Landscape, HMSO: Edinburgh 1990.
© Paul Bennett, The Northern Antiquarian